Saving the gorillas via facebook
According to the associated press the Ugandan wildlife Authority has created a facebook for an endangered gorilla. The gorilla’s name is Muhozi and he wants to be your friend. According to the AP it will cost facebook users one dollar to be friends with this silverback. They are hoping that this will raise funds for this endangered species. Along with being friends with the gorilla you will be able to learn more about its character, friends, family, and relationships.
In theory, I think that this is a good idea for the Wildlife Authority to raise funds for their struggling animals. I’m not too sure though, how many people will spend the one dollar to befried the critter. Although facebook has expanded to become a global phenomenon, I’m unsure as to how successful this will be. If little Jimmy doesn’t want to pay a dollar to give his friend a cake on his birthday via facebook, chances are he isn’t going to want to donate money for the Ugandan Gorillas. I’m hoping I’m wrong and there are people out there who genuinely care about endangered species, but somehow I feel that Muhozi and his facebook pals facebook funds will be a flop.
- Facebook 350 million strong and growing
- 2782 Sex Offenders Get Removed From Facebook
- The Muppets Go Viral On Youtube
- Youtube and crime, this time the other perspective
- Facebook going public?
- U2 The Biggest single Stream on Youtube
- Man… If only people read my blog
- Facebook, the new mp3 site
- A fugitive, A social media website, A conviction
- Facebook Beta to meet with Xbox 360